- Loison’s Classic Colomba is a “timeless” cake, rich in soft and aromatic candied Sicilian Oranges. A Colomba Easter cake with a soft dough that maintains its softness thanks to natural leavening.
- Cake made by means of the natural fermentation of sour dough, with an irregular oval shape, reminiscent of a dove. The cake is soft and light textured enriched with Sicilian candied orange peel. The loaf is covered with icing and decorated with granulated sugar and almonds.
- Naturally leavened product, with the typical shape of panettone, and the surface is cutted with a typical cross cut. The yellow dough is eniriched with Sultana Raisin and Candied “Oranges from Sicily” and “Citron from Diamante- Calabria” peels.
- SHELF LIFE: Keep in a cool dry place the product, closed in its original packaging, has shelf-life of 8 months from the date of manufacture.
- SINGLE PACKAGING: The product is packaged in a labeled polypropylene bag closed with an aluminium band. Wrapped in card-weight paper whose Victorian decorations, together with the double satin labeled "Loison" shade bow, complete the charming collection. The new sticky lame tissue seal is the evidence of the continue research of refinement of the confection.
Tranquillo Loison was born on July 30th, 1908, in Monticello Conte Otto, a small town on the outskirts of Vicenza. At a young age, he begins working as a baker and, when he is just seventeen, he compiles his firstrecipes: on a small blue notebook, he jots down the ingredients needed to make bread, cookies and a few simple traditional cakes.